Monday, July 27, 2015

McCoy Lost Glaze Teapot and Saucer

So today after stopping off at the Varage sale (neighborhood on-line garage sale) meet, (picking up some vintage McCall's magazines), I went to a nearby thrift store.  I found a number of items but the one that I chose to post today is a McCoy teapot & saucer.  At first I did not notice the mark on the bottom.  But after further checking I did find the McCoy mark, I think it was more difficult to see due to the design.  I had never seen a glaze design like this, to me it is not typical McCoy.  After more research I found this is called the Lost Glaze. What a beauty!!
I found this description on another listing:
"This teapot was produced by McCoy shortly before the plant burned down in the late 1940's. It had a limited production and was not produced again or reproduced. That is why it is known as the Lost Glaze line."

No comments:

Post a Comment